Sunday, February 26, 2012

How long does it take from the time a plane lands in Amsterdam (Shichpol) until clearing customs?

Hi,

I'm stopping over in Amsterdam for 8 hours on my way from Tel-Aviv to New York and I'm hoping to get in a little sightseeing. I was wondering how long it would take to get from the plane to the train station in the airport. Also I was wondering how long it takes to clear security in the airport for my flight to the U.S.

ThanksHow long does it take from the time a plane lands in Amsterdam (Shichpol) until clearing customs?It always depends on how many other international flights land around the same time yours does, I've been to Schipol a couple of times and it took less than 30 minutes each time. Clearing security when I departed took me about 5-10 minutes each time.



The train station is right below the airport and only takes a few minutes to walk to, and the train into Central Station takes only about 15 minutes. Trams and taxis are available right outside Cental Station which is very close to many of the attractions in Amsterdam, you should have 5-6 hours to spend in Amsterdam. Central Amsterdam is very compact and the trams can take you to many places very quickly, have fun.How long does it take from the time a plane lands in Amsterdam (Shichpol) until clearing customs?8 hours is not really long enough considering after clearing customs, etc.. you will have probably less than 3 hours before you need to return to the airport to catch your flight to NYC.
  • car battery
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment