Sunday, February 26, 2012

What kind of food can I bring on a plane?

I'm about to take a flight to Las Vegas and I was wondering if I could bring food from home on the plane. It's not specific about it on the TSA site so I was wondering if anyone knew due to past experience? I want to bring snacks, that's all because it's a pretty short flight. Oh, and will I get through security with snacks?What kind of food can I bring on a plane?You can bring just about anything. If it is a liquid or gel type of consistancy such as pudding, yogurt, applesauce, canned/jarred foods, etc it must be in containers of 3.4oz/100ml or less and must be in your 1qt zip top bag.



Some good things to bring are sandwitches, trail mix, apples, carrots, granola, individual packages of cereal, Pringles chips (all others tend to get crushed in your carry on), cookies (individual packs are best), candy, grapes, rasins, etc. You want to avoid things that need refrideration or heating and things that get crushed easily (chips in bags, Chex mix).



I take things to snack on all the time. I recently brought two sandwhiches from Boston Market home in my carry on (we don't have Boston Market here anymore and my mom and sister were jealous that I had it when I visited my friend).What kind of food can I bring on a plane?
Just Jess gave you the good answer.What kind of food can I bring on a plane?The only real restriction is water. Anything above 500ml will be confiscated.What kind of food can I bring on a plane?
Go to the airline's website, they should have full details there. Otherwise, contact them directly.What kind of food can I bring on a plane?You will not have any problems.What kind of food can I bring on a plane?
I am pretty sure that snacks are OK. You can not bring any bottle water or sodas. That will take them anyway at security.



The only way to pass water through security is to take with you an empty container and fill it up after you pass security in a water fountain.What kind of food can I bring on a plane?
Thanks for asking this question. I too am planing a vacation to Vegas and was wondering the same thing, Although it is a 5 hour flight I always get hungry. You got some great answers, aren't people great? Have fun in Vegas.
  • coming soon to dvd
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment