Thursday, February 23, 2012

Where to buy a second hand plane?

Hello all, im going to need a lot of help here. Im woundering if i could buy a second hand plane, to fly to Spain in at a decent price?! I would use it to fly around Spain and sometimes around the Uk. How much would one of these cost? And i really only want a small aircraft, so what size should i go for? Could you also tell me how much it costs to run a small aircraft? Would it need to be stored at an airport, or are there special small aircraft fields where it could be put?



Thank-you all so muchWhere to buy a second hand plane?ebay sometimes have small planes on there.Where to buy a second hand plane?
www.aso.com is the biggest airplane sale site. I think you are in UK and there are many airplanes in the UK as well.Where to buy a second hand plane?YikesWhere to buy a second hand plane?
I think you can buy one in a model shop..I dont know if it's a radio controlled one.Where to buy a second hand plane?There's no sense even thinking about buying an airplane if you can't legally fly it. The first thing you need is a pilot's license.



Do some research at your local airports to find out how much it costs to train, test and qualify for a private pilot's license... Then if you're still interested, come back and talk to us.
Do you actually have a PPL?Where to buy a second hand plane?
Are you for real?... I don't think you have a CLUE what you are wanting to do.



Try Trade-a-Plane... they have thousands of planes for sale.
www.ebay.com



They have it all!Where to buy a second hand plane?
You have 3 things to think about.



The plane itself

The place where you are going to keep it

and operating costs.



I'm a teenage pilot and I can tell you, where I live, THE thing that costs me the most is "where my plane is kept" It could cost me up to 500$ a month. Thankfully, I am sharing my plane with the instruction school and they pay my "parking fee". My plane is at an international airport. Of course if you live far away from big cities, this wouldn't be a big factor.



Second most costly thing is operating costs. Gas costs more and more these days. Don't forget maintenance costs and possible accidents. Some planes require up to 10 hours for each hour you fly it. 'Specially an old one.



The plane is actually rather easy to come by. A used Piper Cub can cost just over 100 000 $. Rather cheap for a plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment