Monday, January 30, 2012

How long is the Plane Ride from Helsinki, Finland to California?

I'm curious of how long the plane ride from Helsinki, Finland to Northern California would be? I can't find the answer anywhere else.How long is the Plane Ride from Helsinki, Finland to California?I flew from Helsinki to San Fransisco with only one 2 hour changeover in London. My trip took 14 hours. Then I flew from San Fransisco to Helsinki with a one hour changeover in Amsterdam. This trip took 13 hours. I flew to San Fransisco in the summer and it was easy to find a flight, but when I flew back to Helsinki it was around December and it was more difficult finding a flight. It all depends on which airport you land at, and what time of the year it is. I flew Finnair and British Airways. My best suggestion would be to visit their websites and try booking your flight.

www.finnair.fi (www.finnair.com for english)



Lykky盲 tyk枚!How long is the Plane Ride from Helsinki, Finland to California?The distance from Helsinki to San Francisco (as an example) is 5,707nm. Assuming an aircraft flies at 500mph, the journey time would be around 11 hours 25 minutes. Adding the extra time for taxiing - as all airlines do - a block flight time would likely be around 12 hours.



Unfortunately, Helsinki doesn't offer direct services to the west coast of America. Flights between there and cities in northern California would have to operate via New York, Boston or Toronto. They are the only north American destinations available.

No comments:

Post a Comment